If you’re feeling inventive you may wish to organise your own event for NAPS.
You could organise a sports day, host a quiz night or even have a hotub party in your garden. Almost any event can be sponsored so the opportunities for raising money are endless. There are lots of tried and tested ideas and we would love to hear from you if you have any more.
The key to organising your own event is to make it as much FUN for everyone as possible and to enjoy yourself. You can be as creative as you like, but remember to plan WELL in advance so the event is every bit as successful as you hoped.
How can we help you?
We are here at all times to offer you help, support and encouragement.
Call NAPS on 0844 8157311, or email email@example.com with all your ideas or for further information.
Maximise your fundraising
Fundraising is never easy and we do appreciate all of the time and effort that you dedicate to raising money for NAPS. A few top tips – ensure that you plan ahead, be informative and enthusiastic, and keep people interested in the cause.
Here are some hints to get you started:
- Write to absolutely everyone you know, ask friends, family, colleagues and neighbours to support and sponser you. If they give the money up front, it saves you a lot of work.
- Set up a free online sponsorship page through Justgiving and get all your friends to donate using a credit or debit card. All you have to do is email the link to everyone you know and it saves the hassle of collecting the money yourself!
- Ask your company to match what you raise.
- If you’re a member of any clubs or associations, ask them to donate, participate or help with a venue.
- Ask your local gym/sports club to support you and you could even ask your local pub!
- Write to your local paper. Something quirky to catch the attention and interest of the general public may be the most effective way of encouraging people to sponser you and to get coverage of the event.
- Always remember to Gift Aid it! We can now add 25p to every £1 you raise in sponsorship through the Gift Aid scheme, at no extra cost to you. All you need to do is to ensure that your sponsors tick the Gift Aid consent box on your form and give their full name, home address and postcode so that we can confirm the Gift Aid claim.
And don’t forget to send a photo!