The National Association for Premenstrual Syndrome (NAPS) is a registered charity working for the better understanding of PMS and its treatment so as to benefit those who suffer from this medical condition.
When do we collect personal data?
- When you become a member of NAPS
- When you send us an enquiry or request
- When you make us a donation
- When you use the Ask the Experts service
- When you book a place at one of our study days
- When you offer to volunteer for us
- When you make a purchase from us
- When you choose to complete any of our surveys
- When you set up a standing order as a supporter
How will we use your personal data?
- To process your membership and manage your account
- To respond to your enquiries and concerns
- To alert you as a member to any fundraising project being undertaken to underpin the work of NAPS
- To organise and communicate information to you (if a professional member) regarding study days for healthcare professionals
- To sound out opinions on proposed projects such as upgrading of the website
- To alert you, as a member, to any significant meetings of the Association as regards the constitution
- To protect NAPS and its members from fraudulent activity
- To advise on any IT problems that may affect your being able to access membership benefits or to inform you of any problems that may have financial implications for NAPS e.g. malfunctioning of the Gift Aid processing
How we protect your personal data
- Access to your personal data in electronic form is password protected
- Any hard copies of your personal data are kept in locked cupboards/filing cabinets
How long will we keep your personal data?
We will only keep it for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of that period your data will either be deleted or anonymised. Some enquiries and the Ask the Experts requests are valuable to NAPS to demonstrate the need for the Association to continue to campaign for better understanding and treatment of PMS, to apply for funding of the organisation and as bases for research. In such cases the records will all be anonymised but dated.
Details on attendees to NAPS Study Days for Healthcare Professionals will be kept with consent for four years.
Who do we share your data with?
It is unusual for NAPS to share your data with any other body, however, if there is a technical problem with accessing your membership benefits we will necessarily have to consult the web manager for it to be solved.
Also if we are working with an outside provider when organising a study day for healthcare professionals, your details, as a professional member, may be shared so as to alert you of the event and your entitlement.
From time to time we receive requests from the media for case studies and interviewees. It is our policy either to invite responses via the website or social media but we may contact individuals who may be prepared, for example, to share their experiences or take part in a survey. The normal practice is to give them the media contact’s details but it could be that we provide their contact details to the media BUT ONLY WITH THEIR PRIOR CONSENT.
When we are asked to help recruit individuals for research projects, we will post information on the website and on social media. We may also send requests from researchers to possible participants but only from NAPS; the researcher will have no access to personal data.
What sort of personal data do we collect?
- We collect information about you when you join NAPS. Your address. Gift Aid preference. Contact details email/phone
- For your security we keep a record of your log in password as a member
- Details of your interaction with us either online or by post
- Copies of documents you provide for entitlement to reduced subscription rates
- Copies of our applications for Gift Aid which include your name, address
- Name, address, place of work and contact details for our study days for healthcare professionals
What are your rights over your personal data?
Members in joining have a contract with NAPS and will have given the information which is needed by us to provide you with the benefits of membership. Renewal of membership extends the contract yearly. The information may be used by us to alert you to fundraising initiatives, meetings convened by the Association, any urgent matters for consideration and anything the trustees wish to be brought to your attention – all legitimate activities of the charity in fulfilling its aims
All whose personal information we hold have a right to request a copy of that information. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information please email us at email@example.com or write to NAPS, 41 Old Road, East Peckham, Kent,TN14 5JQ
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date. You may ask us to remove or correct information you think is inaccurate.